• January 25, 2017 at 7:43 pm #599
    Profile photo of Jeff PelletierJeff Pelletier
    Keymaster

An update has been posted on the possible replacement of Twin Bridges on Fisherman’s Trail. “The report outlines the design and rationale for a two-bridge solution that sees a pedestrian bridge on Fisherman’s Trail near the former Twin Bridge location and a vehicular bridge for maintenance equipment access over Canyon Creek at the north end of Riverside Drive.

“Funding for construction has been included in the 2017 GVWD capital budget.  
    The re‐establishment of pedestrian access at Twin Bridge and vehicular access at the north end of
    Riverside Drive was selected as the preferred option to maintain water utility operations and public
    recreation opportunities in the LSCR.”

Read the full report at: http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/parks/ParksPublications/FishermanTrailRiversideBridges-StatusUpdates.pdf

January 26, 2017 at 7:41 am #613
    Profile photo of Andy HealeyAndy Healey
    Participant

I wonder what the point of a vehicle bridge way down there is? It’s a half kilometer from Mt. Seymour Parkway, what are they trying to access? I must be missing something.

January 26, 2017 at 11:48 pm #614
    Profile photo of Daniel GoddardDaniel Goddard
    Participant

andy it looks like its a new bridge over canyon creek on the east side of the river to access the water mains from riverside near that end of fisherman’s trail

January 27, 2017 at 12:23 am #615
    Profile photo of Jeff PelletierJeff Pelletier
    Keymaster

That was my understanding too, that those are for maintenance vehicles.

January 27, 2017 at 9:22 pm #624
    Profile photo of Andy HealeyAndy Healey
    Participant

That makes sense.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags