• January 23, 2017 at 4:33 am #582
    Profile photo of Jeff PelletierJeff Pelletier
    Keymaster

I’ve been running mostly road the last few weeks in preparation for the First Half, so I’m curious where the snow line is at under the canopy on the North Shore. Is it icy on the BP for example or mostly clear at this point?

January 23, 2017 at 5:34 am #583
    Profile photo of Andy HealeyAndy Healey
    Participant

Yesterday, starting from Hyannis, it was pretty much clear on the BP all the way up the Seymour Grind except for the odd, easily avoidable icy patch. There was still lots of snow along Mushroom and the top of Ned’s but it was clear of snow and muddy from about 1/4 the way down Ned’s. Fisherman’s was still pretty icy although I didn’t use spikes and I was good.

By the way, I like the idea of this forum, hope it takes off.

March 26, 2017 at 4:33 am #1007
    Profile photo of Jen ClossJen Closs
    Participant

Any idea where the snow line is on Cypress? Above/below the powerlines/Skyline?

March 29, 2017 at 6:47 pm #1008
    Profile photo of Jeff PelletierJeff Pelletier
    Keymaster

I saw a post on Facebook last week that said: “Was out on BP past turn up Hollyburn Chute and along TCT Sat night. Trail down & back up to Brothers Creek bridge has some icy sections. Other Creek crossings along TCT similar with more snow & ice as you head west.”

I haven’t been up there myself in a while, but hopefully the rain this week is going to help wash away a lot of the remaining snow!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.