Run Wild Vancouver Society is a non-profit, volunteer-based group of trail runners dedicated to raising awareness of safe trail running by providing education and information, and raising funds for volunteer Search and Rescue teams around the Province.
With our first fundraising project, the 2016 Vancouver Trail Running Calendar, we managed to raise over $15,800 for North Shore Rescue, a non-profit, volunteer mountain search and rescue team celebrating their 50th year as a vital emergency response service. With our 2017 calendar campaign, we raised an additional $16,000 for BC Search and Rescue, and we are on track to surpass that with our 2018 trail running calendar fundraising campaign.
While fundraising to support SAR is important, we believe that prevention is key! That’s why we’re excited to have worked with AdventureSmart to develop a unique version of their Survive Outside program specifically tailored to trail runners which we began to roll out the summer of 2017.
Meet the Team
Our 2018 Board of Directors:
- President: Jeff Pelletier
- Vice-President: Dasha Postnikoff
- Treasurer: Derrick Johnstone
- Secretary / Director, Special Events: Audrée Lafrenière
- Director, Mkt & Comms: Heather Bretschneider
- Director, Educational Programs: Coral Candlish-Rutherford
- Director, Sponsorship: Nick Leach
- Director, Fundraising Programs: Dylan Morgan
- Director, Volunteer Services: Ivan Yastrebov
- Directors-at-Large: Joel Payeur, Shannon Payeur
Program Managers & Other Support:
- Social Media Manager: Luc Doucet
- Survive Outside Program Development: Chloe Gendron
- Website Design: Katie Mills
- Graphic Design & Calendar Design: Erin Donnelly
- Original Calendar & Logo Design: Morgan Mallett
If you're looking to support an important cause built on community, safety and education, we'd love to have you as a volunteer!Volunteer Info